I’m in the middle of creating my NECC planner. So many sessions I want to see and participate in, many choices to make. Tough choices. In all likelihood I’ll be traveling alone this year–my family not with me. Usually we wrap our vacation around NECC so I can attend, and that has worked well for several years. The only one recently they did not attend was Atlanta, and only because we live close enough that it wouldn’t feel like a vacation (even though Atalanta is just over four hours southwest of us.) Here is a preliminary peek at my planner. Not carved in stone yet though. Wonder how many times I will change it before the actual dates arrive? Wonder how many I’ll switch last minute on the fly as friends sway me to do something else, like hang in the blogger’s cafe or attend the informal sessions that tend to suck me in going on in the hallways or vendors area… Either way, it will be so GRAND to hang out and network with all my virtual friends I only get to see f2f one or twice a year. This is the latest I’ve ever waited to solidify plans for NECC in terms of housing and such–I guess I’ll know that sometime in the not so distant future. Anyone looking for a roommate at NECC?
My current planner includes:
- Best Practices in Fair Use for 21st-Century Educators
- ISTE Member Welcome & Conference Orientation
- The 10 Best Free Web 2.0 Tools for Teachers
- Library Tools Smackdown: A Sharing Session for Teacher-Librarians (I’m participating in this one!!)
- Leslie Fisher’s Gadget Class: Now with Web 2.0 Freshness!
- Open Source Software in Education
- SIGMS Forum: The School Library 2.0 and Beyond
- Winning Strategies to Conquer Information Overload
- Here Comes Learning!
- Literacy Isn’t Enough: 21st-Century Fluency For the Digital Age
- Second Life as a Professional Learning Network!
- Designing Rigorous and Globally Connected Assignments
- SIGMS Annual Meeting
- Student as Contributor: The Digital Learning Farm
- Beating the No U-Turn Syndrome: New Approaches to Copyright Compliance
- Classsroom 2.0: What Is Web 2.0’s Role in Schools?
- A Day in the Life of a 21st-Century High School
- 21st Century Media Center PlaygroundImage: NECC09 Ning Banner Head