SCASL participants filled the room in the TL Chat’s Back to School kick off tonight. These are the TL’s I saw in the room, and almost ALL of them used SCASL at the beginning of their room name:
- Tamara Cox
- Jennifer Tazerouti
- Monique German
- Liz Hood
- Heather Thole
- Monica Roveri
- Diana Carr
- Betsey Long
- Gaye Keyes
- Andi Fansher
- Wendy Rollins
- Karen Meharg
We were an impressive bunch! Thanks SCASL peeps for joining in this virtual conversation and cafe. There were so many good ideas shared tonight, from the presenters (Tiffany Whitehead, Jennifer Lagarde, and Gwyneth Jones) and the chat room. My own take aways to try:
- QR Code tree in the library
- QR Code pockets in the hall (either book recommendations or book trailers or BOTH)
- Data gathering in a digital and analog format; showcasing data OUTSIDE the library (I already do an in the library small display. Time to go BIG and move out of the library to a more visible place!!
- Place the library mission statement all around the library–nice reminder to patrons, and it will keep me in check too! (This was actually our assigned homework straight from Library Girl. )
- Try something new this year (i.e. Tiffany is doing self checkout in her middle school)
There’s another TL Cafe planned next week —and actually most first Mondays of each month. Click here to read about the next planned session on Flipped Libraries. Also learn of and participate in some of the TL Chat Live Twitter chats and the TL News Night.
PS-If any other SCASL Peeps were there and I missed you, please say hello in the comments. Also if you share a link with me, I’ll hyperlink to your content.