Sep 3rd, 2012 by Cathy Jo Nelson
To anyone interested in our SC Edtech – Please share with your friends!!! SCASL is a sponsoring member of SC EdTech, and a part of SCASL’s responsibility to SC Edtech is coordinating the volunteer efforts for the conference, and there are PERKS to volunteering, some REALLY AWESOME perks.
HiTech Adventure 2012 October 24-26, 2012
As always volunteers are a vital part of EdTech. Full time volunteers receive free registration; however you do not need to be a fulltime volunteer to experience the rewards of volunteering.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Session Scanners- attends session, introduces the speaker and scans attendees cards after session is complete, this includes taking up lunch tickets and scanning keynote sessions. ALL SCANNERS MUST BE PICKED UP RIGHT BEFORE SESSION AND RETURNED AFTER THE SESSION TO BE RESET.
- Pre-Registration and Registration Desk Volunteers- assist attendees with registration and hand out pre-registered attendees’ packets.
- E Script Booth Volunteers- assists at the desk with organizing and passing out scanners to the session scanners.
- Information Booth – assists attendees with all their information needs and distributes luncheon tickets
- Presenter and VIP check in- assist presenters and VIP with checking in and information.
- Bag stuffing the night before the conference begins.
There are 3 ways to be a fulltime volunteer:
- scan 8 to 10 sessions or
- a combination of half a day at one of the desk duties and 4 sessions or
- 1 ½ days of desk duty
Part time volunteers may volunteer an hour or two, whatever fits into your schedule.
I’m planning to be there at least part-time, so I just submitted my name to be a part-time volunteer. Here is the original request that was posted on our SCASL listserv today. Help us support this wonderful professional development opportunity for South Carolina educators.
From MY friend Liz Hood:
I am in charge of coordinating volunteers for this years South Carolina EdTech conference to be held in Greenville.
HiTech Adventure will be October 24-26 and we need volunteers to ensure a successful conference. Both attendance and volunteering are a great way to promote YOUR role as an educational technologist through your presence at the state Educational Technology conference.
Fulltime volunteers receive free registration!
Click on the link to access the form for more information and to volunteer!