I am so looking forward to arriving in Philadephia for the Educon2.0 so graciously hosted by Chris Lehmann and his school, the Science Leadership Academy. As the weekend draws closer, all I can think about is all the f2f meetings with fellow friends from my network! While I have met some f2f (back at EdubloggerCon in Atlanta, GA June 2007) I know many of them do not remember me.
Here’s a short list of who I will see, some for the very first time ever f2f:
- Joyce Valenza – fellow teacher librarian, panel expert/co-panelist for upcoming Pilly Educon 2.0 & Necc 08
- Carolyn Foote – fellow teacher librarian, co-panelist @ Educon and NECC 08
- David Jakes – Digital Storytelling and Google Earth Guru; it’s a secret, but he has agreed to do a workshop on GE/GM for my school using either Ustream or Skype/Yugma–and I suppose I could even look into an Elluminate session since the state of SC has access for educators; Jakes is also serving unofficially as my blogging mentor (check out his new site) as I contemplate the move to a new domain/blogging platform; Jakes was also the person who allowed me to “piggy-back” via Skypechat into some of the BLC sessions, even tho he didn’t know me from Adam.
- Lisa Durff – Twitter friend, K12 Online Conference Presenter, Webcast Academy graduate and podcaste, and WOW2 friend!
- Kristin Hokanson – Twitter and WOW2 friend
- John Pederson – EdubloggerCon Atalanta, Twitter, Skype, POnce, and WOW2 buddy–John knows everyone and is a lot of fun!
- Liz Davis – Twitter and blogging friend who began after me but has absolutely eclipsed me! Liz is kindly letting me ride from the airport to the hotel Friday a.m. in the rental car she has secured!
- Will Richardson – EdubloggerCon and Ustream friend–he doesn’t follow me in Twitter, but i do have him calling me out by name and location from a Ustream with his brother-in-law, which tells me I’m in his radar somewhere. Woot!
- Jen Wagner – WOW2 leader, twitter friend, blogger friend, Second Life mentor/friend, Scrabulous shark, and another unofficial mentor in my transition to a new domain and blogger program!
- Ryan Bretag – SL friend, twitter friend, blogger extraordinary
- Brian C. Smith – formerly Mobileminded twitter friend and great blogger
- Sylvia Martinez – K12 Online Presenter and my first twitter mentor as I was learning!
- DK the first person to ever direct message me in Twitter–freaked me out!
- Chris Lehmann – let me Ustream into his Ustream–fun! Also a twitter friend, EdubloggerCon friend, great blogger, and AWESOME principal! I brag to my principal all the time about Chris and his 21st century forward thinking.
Of course i am drawing from memory alone and if I would take time to visit the Educon Wiki I could probably identify many more bloggers and twitter friends I admire, follow, read, and aspire to be like. I am so hoping to have a real blast at this “unconference” conference and give as much as I get knowledge-wise while there. Look out Philly, here I come–ready or not. God I hope I don’t freeze to death!