Since my husband and I have spring break on different weeks, I brought home some reading to do. I really thought I’d get to do a little gardening in the flower beds and then sun myself each lazy afternoon, but our southeastern weather seems want to cleanse itself of pollen, so mother nature in cahoots with the good Lord has seen fit to give me a week of damp, dreary weather that is downright cold. There is a freeze warning in place tonight for pete’s sake. Today I spent indoors doing some much needed spring cleaning and then settled in to read one of the four books I brought home. I finished it tonight.
Here are the five or six books I’m currently reading:
- I’m listening to The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold in the car–one of our new Playaways. I’ve read it before, but I like to listen to books too, even if Ive already read them. I also find I don’t mind rereading books I liked.
- I started Once a Witch by Carolyn MaCullough a couple of weeks ago while doing my morning duty at school. I could never get so into it that I had to finish it. So today I tackled it. A story with witches–not my cup of tea. But it was a good enough story finally that I wanted to finish it today.
- To be read: Dirty Little Secrets by C.J.Omololu
- To be read: Brutal by Michael Harmon
- To be read: Hold Still by Nina LaCour
- One unnamed book not yet published; I promised a friend I would read and do a review. If the weather keeps up with damp coolness, I may be able to do that too.
I sure would much rather read in the spring sunshine. Rain rain go away and take the pollen too for another day….