Here is my copresenter Wendy Stephens’ slides for Wednesday night’s Webinar on Becoming a National Board Certified Teacher (Librarian)! She will go first:
Here are my slides!
1. I AM an NBCT School Librarian
2. I AM average.
3. Look at my portfolio entry scores.
4. My assessment scores surprised me–absolutely opposite what I thought when leaving.
5. Look at my assessment scores-I was surprised.
6. Understand the scoring process
7. NB calculators can help you see how scores and their weights work; find one or make one
8. Goal is a 4 in scoring
9. Cultivate a network for getting help, reassurance, support, etc. (Share videos of Frank & Jessica)
10. Strongest areas in portfolios –2, 4
11. Entry 2–what it isn’t–common mistake
12. The planning
13-18. What I consider to be the key, vital components in entry 2
19. Entry 4–what it isn’t–common mistake
20. Entry 4 –What it is
21. My contact info
JOIN US!! Webinar details:
Want to be a Nationally Board Certified Teacher?
Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 8 pm ET/ 7 pm CT/ 6 pm MT/ 5 pm PT
Presenters: Wendy Stephens (Buckhorn High School, New Market, AL) and Cathy Jo Nelson (Dorman High School, Roebuck,SC)
Candidacy for National Board Certification is among the most rigorous professional development experiences any educator can undertake. School librarians working in collaborative environments can face additional logistical challenges as they assemble a series of portfolio entries demonstrating their teaching facility. Hear from National Board Certified Library media specialists who share their own experiences in pursuing the credential. The webinar will offer an overview of the certification process, share a range of resources available for candidates, and describe ways media specialists can begin work towards certification over summer break
Directions to join the SIGMS webinar event
1. Check that your computer is set up for Adobe Connect by visiting Adobe Connect Pro Connection Test
2. Use this URL to enter the webinar room 10 – 15 minutes before starting time: http://Montgomery.na4.acrobat.com/SIGMS
3. Enter as a guest and type your first and last name.
4. Here is a link to a Visual Quick Start guide (pdf) to help you if this is your first webinar event.